Monday, May 31, 2010

Random Thoughts Edition...

Things I love about being on the USNS Mercy:

1) 25 hour days (we've been going "back in time" over the course of our trip to Vietnam from Guam as we pass through time zones. 3 times we got to push our clocks back, which gave us an extra hour of sleep each night.)
2) Being part of an awesome international humanitarian effort to build partnerships and strengthen relationships between nations.
3) Meeting new and interesting people from literally all over the world.
4) Watching helicopters flying on and off the ship that's moving.
6) Meeting military officials and learning military lingo.
7) Warm sunny weather when I go outside.

Things I miss about home:

1) Carpet.
2) Walking around barefoot-on that same note, showering without flip flops.
3) Being able to actually sit up in bed.
4) Having freedom in my schedule.
5) Friends and family.
6) Internet that actually works faster than loading 5 minues per page.

Having a blast-we got in to Vietnam this morning, on Memorial Day. We are starting to receive patients and the *real* work of the trip is starting.

(Shout out to my Jessi friend for inspiring the title of this blog post :))

1 comment:

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

Thanks for the updates! I love your random thoughts. I guess I don't appreciate the simple things enough like carpet or sitting up in bed! hahaha! Good luck with being in Charge! :-) Loves!