iPod Touch
PrOs:
Probably an easier user interface than Zune (though probably only because I'm more familiar with the iTouch)
Greater array of apps to choose from (though, admittedly, most of those apps are useless and trashy.) But it would be nice to get some of the apps off lds.org. I don't think that the Church has apps for the Zune, does it?
More accessories than Zune
CoNs:
It's an Apple product (I admit I may have a small thing against Apple products. The same way I have a thing against Harry Potter books...it's become too much of a craze. I *did* succomb to the Twilight series-I read and enjoyed the books. But I can at least recognize that the movies are terrible. Really. Really. BAD!!! Whoever said that Kristen Stewart can act?)
Expensive to buy songs, and you have to buy songs through itunes. Right? (correct me if I'm wrong, I've never owned an ipod)
Zune HD
PrOs:
More memory for your buck v the iPod
Smaller, lighter weight
Zunepass (I kind of like the subscription service-unlimited music for $15/month, and you get to keep 10 songs permanently per month. Pretty cool, but I don't know if I would spend that much money on music each month anyway. That's a lot to spend on music each month.Yes, I'm cheap.)
**HD RADIO** I think this is where the Zune totally beats out the iPod. I'm a big fan of this.
It's not an iPod
CoNs:
Less friendly user interface
Fewer apps
Not as universal as the iPod
You have to buy songs through zune marketplace
Thoughts?
Oh. And Feliz Cinco de Mayo.


4 comments:
iPod Touch, hands-down. With the Zune, you get a very capable media player. With the iPod Touch, you get all that, plus a very functional computer. The iPod touch has fully-functional wifi, a rich web browser, e-mail, etc. You can even get a headphone that incorporates a mic for less than $20 and use it for Skype.
You do NOT need to buy music from iTunes. You can rip your CDs, buy music from Amazon, etc. Just import your music to iTunes, and you are set.
If you want a music subscription service, the iPod touch has options as well. You can use Pandora or Slacker for streaming audio. Soon, Slacker will be updating their app to permit "station caching" so you can store music on the ipod for offline listening. If you want something closer to ZunePass, get Rhapsody for $10 bucks a month. You can select and sync music to your ipod for offline listening.
While you are in Asia, the iPod can be your lifeline to the outside world, if you don't want to bring a laptop. The Zune cannot do that.
I have an ipod touch and have really enjoyed it. One thing that you failed to mention was the wi-fi access that the ipod has. I know nothing about the Zune, though. You do what you want, girl.
Kelli-Your pacific partnership sounds awesome! That is going to be a great experience. I didn't know that you always wanted to do something like that. Good luck!!! Can't wait to hear all about it this summer.
-Shelley
Now that you've had the techy's input, I vote iPod too. I've had my Apple laptop for 4 years now and it's still in great condition (slower than my work computer but still works well). The only problem I have is that the lid doesn't hold itself closed--pretty minor if you ask me.
Post a Comment