Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Idaho and Ode to Jenna

As most of you know, I work seven 10 hour shifts in a row every other week. This past week it fell on Thanksgiving weekend (and will also fall on Christmas, darn it!). I have decided it's not worth the extra holiday pay to actually work on the holidays. It's no fun leaving all the family fun on the holidays to go take care of bloody, pukey, messy people; and people who fake pain to get drugs. I do it because I know people can't avoid getting sick on the holidays, but it sure would be nice if we could just close the hospital on the holidays. Good coworkers make it bearable though, and listening to the patients stories on how exactly they sliced their fingers while cutting the turkey as they're getting stitches can be entertaining, as well.

Anyway, with that in mind, I decided to take the few days after Thanksgiving off and head over to Idaho. I know, I know, Idaho really is no Florida or Hawaii, but I have 2 VERY good reasons to visit Idaho. First, Kirk happened to be there that weekend to see his family, so I thought I'd go over and spend a few days with him and his family. It was a very nice, chill weekend. Good food, good company, and I got to experience a little country livin' :). And, of course, I always love spending time with Kirk. I didn't take many pictures, here are a couple of highlights...



Festival of Trees in downtown Boise



Some traffic we hit on the way home from Church on Sunday. The car was SURROUNDED by sheep! It was nuts! Something you definitely don't see in Seattle!

After church on Sunday, we said goodbye to Middleton so Kirk could drive back to SLC for school; I tried to convince him to stay, but he wouldn't. How rude. On the way back, he dropped me off at my brother's house so I could spend a day with him, his wife, and to meet my new niece, Jenna (my second good reason to visit Boise). I am proud to say that I was the first Arnesen relative to meet Jenna. She is a beautiful baby girl, and I'm so happy for Paul and RaeAnn. And regardless what anyone else may say, I AM the favorite aunt! The following are a few pictures of this little bundle of joy...



The proud Poppa




The favorite aunt!! (Sorry, Kim-you may have the namesake, but I'm the favorite!)


Rockin' out


If you look closely, I think she's giving me the "I love you" sign with her right hand. Yup, I see it!


Jenna knows how to captivate an audience!

We also took a little time to visit our friends Kenna and Jason; last summer we hung out quite a bit with them while I was living in Boise. It was great to see them and their kids, Samie, Peyton and their new addition, Dylan. Always great to see them!

I had a great time this weekend! It was so great to see everyone and to be among friends and family on the holiday weekend and to take a litte time off work. A great way to kick off the Holiday Season!!

3 comments:

Kirk said...

Just a note for the record: In the 19 years I lived at home, I never encountered a herd of sheep like that on the road.

Puerto Rican Powerhouse said...

and where is Jenna's mama? I would have posted that way cute pic of you if I had it...sorry about the closed eyes. Glad you visited and come back soooon! Rae

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

What a cute little girl! Bummer you had to work on Thanksgiving, but I'm glad you got to visit family after. We need to figure out our plans for your visit to Utah this month... let me know when you're coming down. Loves! :-)