We've had a lot of patients coming into the hospital with the flu. I feel like a mask has been glued to my face while I'm at work. I was a little worried about getting the swine flu vaccine, but I'm kind of glad I got it now...these people look miserable. But then again, what flu isn't miserable? For as much as I have been exposed to it, I think the vaccine is working. It's gotten to the point where the hospital is screening people before they come into the hospital to determine if they have flu symptoms, and if they do, they are not allowed in the hospital, unless they want to be treated for the symptoms. Let's just say I'll be so happy when this flu season is over; the sad thing is, it's only just begun...
I saw this movie:
I didn't have too high expectations for this movie. I was never totally smitten with MJ like a lot of people were. I liked his songs well enough, but beyond that, I didn't really care for him. I just thought he was kind of a weird looking guy with a fake face (sorry, I'm just being honest!). But this movie was actually quite entertaining and I really enjoyed it. It really looked like it was going to be an awesome concert, it's kind of a shame that he was never able to even perform it once. Those darn benzodiazepines and propofol...
It still never ceases to amaze me the changes throughout the years
I bought this vacuum (Alicia, this is for you!)...
It's about time I bought one after living in my apartment for nearly a year, right? The carpet WAS looking a little dirty! Just kidding. I was using an old one my mom gave me, and while vacuuming one day, the handle became very hot, starting smoking quite a bit and emitted a foul, burning smell. Needless to say, I immediately turned it off, opened the windows, and decided that vacuum had seen its last carpet cleaning day.
I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new niece! Paul's (my bro) wife RaeAnn is preg-o and is due just about any day now, and I can't stinking wait to meet their new little girl! (And to find out what they're going to name her...I'm pretty sure they'll name her after me, but they're keeping it on the DL, and I can't say I blame them...they don't want everyone to be jealous of me because I WILL be this baby's favorite aunt! :))
Mostly I've been spending a lot of time with family and friends. No pictures, sorry, but I've been enjoying my downtime on my off weeks from work. My next week off I get to hang out with Kirk, which I'm pretty darn excited about. I'm not counting down or anything...:)
Until next time!





6 comments:
I like your blog. Very interesting. Oh man all this swine flu stuff is drving me nuts. I thought we were getting over the worst of it. No? Well, way to go on the vacumn purchase, and the whole new niece being named after you? Well we'll just have to see about that. And I am pretty sure I've already been deemed favorite because I sing to her everynight over the phone. Come on now, beat that!
Thanks girl for the vacuum picture especially! I love your update! I really like the swine flu joke, i'm going to google it! You're so awesome!
Hi Kelli, I just found your blog, I hope that's ok (ha- blog stalking!). Looks like some fun stuff, except working around the swine flu. I've been working on the other end- I have volunteered a little bit to help give the H1N1 vaccines. Not nearly so exciting!
Ashley, you made it easy for me to be favorite aunt if that baby has had to put up with your singing! ;) (Just kidding, you're probably a way better singer than I am...we're good enough friends that we can joke a bit, right?!)
Rochelle, so good to hear from you! How's life?! Baby Gabe doing well? Are you guys still in...was it Springville? Or Mapleton?
Totally can joke enough. As long as you keep my farmer blow on RaeANn and Pauls boat a secret forever. Oh an my embarassment as a wakeboarder. I guess I'll be okay if we're both favorite aunts, but I will be four hours closer!!! I love your new song by the way I actually got on the internet right now just to add that same song. CRAZAZY!
I love the cartoon about the swine flu. That is hilarious!
Post a Comment