Thursday, August 26, 2010

Camping is funner on a boat.

So my last week off work, I went to Boise, Idaho to visit this little girl...
and her parents, Paul and RaeAnn. We took advantage of some excellent weather to do some boat camping, and work on our wakeboarding skills. I have yet to figure out the whole uploading a video on to a post so you can see P, R's and mine awesome wakeboarding skills, and I don't really want to take the time to learn right now since I'm currently more interested in watching a Gilmore Girls episode, so, sorry. And I'm not a fan of any of the still pictures of me (my blog, and I get to choose the pictures), so you'll have to settle for some awesome shots of Paul and RaeAnn:

This is what I look like when I wakeboard.
After some excellent evening wakeboarding, with extraordinarily good water, we set up camp. And I built the fire-all by myself.

It was the best fire ever. I'm pretty sure.

It also happened to be Jenna's first camping experience. She loved it. Probably because I was there, and I'm her favorite aunt.

Camping wouldn't be complete without s'mores. Next time we'll try "s'moreos". (It's a Gilmore Girls thing, but yes, I would like to try it eventually.)


Cute family. :)
Paul getting ready to feed J-Bear her first s'more.
It was a super great time. A quick one night trip, but so fun, and it had been so long since I'd been camping. Thanks Paul, Rae, and Jenna for letting me hang out and brush up on my wakeboarding. We should do it more often! :) Did I ever tell any of you how I have the best family? Because I do.

1 comment:

Britt said...

Did you play Chubby Bunny too?