OK, so it's been a while since I've blogged. I apparently don't feel like my life is exciting enough to blog about when I'm not travelling. Boise was my last big trip, so I haven't really taken many pictures since then of the things I've done. But nonetheless, I HAVE done some fun stuff that may or may not be worth blogging about. A recap...
My birthday-yes, ladies and gents, I'm another year older, and WISER, too. It was a beautiful day, and I got to spend it with my entire family, Boise crew included. We went to the park and played tennis, volleyball, football and softball. Summer birthdays are the best!
Olympic National Park-Did some hiking with a friend from PP10 and swimming in some hot springs. Our plan was to camp and then head up to Victoria BC the next day, but plans got derailed when my friend got called in to work. Maybe next time.
Mt. Rainier-Again, some hiking in Mt. Rainier. We got within a mile of Camp Muir, but had to turn around at that point because it got a bit too icy to hike in just our tennis shoes (I really didn't think we'd get up as high as we did). We had some fun sliding down the snow on the way down, though our bums were a little cold the rest of the hike down! But it was absolutely beautiful weather and you could see the mountain and the Cascades no problem. Perfect.
Moving-no, not me, but my brother and SIL to their new home in Monroe! It's a great house for them, with TONS of land (good luck mowing all that, Mike), but it'll be a great place for them to live, and Vix already has it decorated quite nicely.
North Cascades National Park-OK, more hiking. What can I say? I enjoy the great outdoors. This time I went with my two nursing buddies from college-Jessie and Kristen, who are both going back to school for their Master's. Oddly enough, I think I'm a little jealous that they get to go back to school...I may be following closely behind! Jessi took the majority of the pictures from that excursion and I haven't gotten them from her yet. It was a little rainy, but that never hurt anyone, right?
Puyallup Fair-"You can do it at a trot, you can do it at a gallop, you can do it real slow so your heart won't palp-i-tate, just don't be late. Do the Puyallup". Yup, I finally did the Puyallup Fair again after several years-in fact, I would say it had been since before college that I last did the Fair, so I was super excited to go, and of course, it did not disappoint. I rode some carnival rides that were ridiculously overpriced (thanks for riding with me, Kristen!) and took in the sights, sounds and smells of all the Puyallup had to offer. The Puyallup is the best fair out there. I mean, where else would you meet a ZEDONK?! Intrigued? Guess you'll have to come to the fair next year and find out what it is...;)
Aside from that, I've just been doing my regular boring thing-I continue with my 7 on/7 off schedule, but I am desperately trying to get off the night shift. I love my nightshift crew, but my body is really starting to hate me and I think I'm developing a little insomnia, which I'm not happy about. Hopefully I can switch things up soon. I'm working on my Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) exam prep, and will hopefully have that certification by the end of the year. I'm also going to be running a half marathon in a couple of weeks, and depending on how my knees tolerate that, a marathon in November. Now, the question I pose to my readers...do I take the plunge and start working toward a Master's degree?
I'll post more again soon. Maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment