Friday, January 28, 2011

Quick recap. And yes, I'm a true Northwesterner.

So, I can officially say it's been *months* since I've blogged, and since I'm not enough into blogging to create a huge long post of the recap of my life, and since most of you don't care, I'm posting this quick recap. Starting in November...

Boston with Phoxay. As quoted from my Facebook profile page, "Boston is Awesome!". I had never been, and when plans for Hawaii fell through, our back up plan ended up being Boston. I went with Phoxay, my longtime friend from EFY back in the day (who says you can't keep friends from EFY? I mean, seriously, we've never even lived in the same vicinity, really, but yet we keep in touch. Love it.) Lots of historic stuff was seen, too much to go into detail, but I will say, you can't step anywhere without stepping on something historic there. Favorite part? Oddly enough, probably Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
Apparently, no trip to Boston is complete without a trip to Mike's Pastry. Had my first Cannoli.

Phoxay and I on the Freedom Trail. It was a very cold trip.

December was filled with the usual holiday festivties, including me being able to have Christmas Eve off from work! First time in 3 years.

January has brought lots of changes. Aside from my Mom, brother and sisters birthdays (holla!) and MLK day, We sent my nephew, Christian, off on his mission to Maceio, Brazil. I can hardly believe that he's old enough to go on a mission, but yet here we are. This was the last picture we have together before he left. Not sure what we were doing...Hm. Yes, I know-very mature. We try.

He's a funny kid. And don't mind the tiara on my head. My neice put it on me.

Soon after he left, I sold this car...


And bought this one...
And this is what makes me a true northwesterner. It's a Subaru. And no, I'm not ashamed. Judge all you want. It's a 2010 Subaru Impreza, heated seats, sunroof, and awesome. I will surely miss my old Altima, but at 177k miles, it was time for someone else to love it. Hopefully they will; it's a good car. So, I was going to take a cool picture of my car with me standing through the sunroof, but it's been raining so much, there hasn't been much opportunity, so just imagine it.

All of this went on, interspersed betwee ridiculously crazy busy nights at work. And that's my quick recap.

1 comment:

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

Thanks for the update and for posting a pic of your car! I need to call you and hear all about it (plus everything else going on in your life)! :-) Loves!